When? October 11th through October 16th
Where? Siena, Italy
Art and Cooking is an International Center of Language, Art, Culinary and Italian Culture in Siena. It was founded in Siena in 1979 and since that time, it has welcome students of a wide range of nationalities and all ages. The School has been officially authorized by the Italian Ministry of Education. Since 1990, it represents the Siena Committee of the nonprofit cultural organization Societa Dante Alighieri. Founded in Rome in 1889, it’s aim is to promote and sustain the knowledge of Italian language and culture throughout the world.
Food Styling: In understanding how to style food, participants will work with a professional food stylist so they can actually see unstyled and styled food “through the lens of the camera” and understand the impact of an artfully-styled plate. Various tools, tricks, and techniques used in food styling will be covered. Your styled work will also be photographed professionally so you can see how your newly acquired skills greatly enhance your food images. Participants will also be able to photograph their work.
Gastronomy: This part of the program will develop the participant’s attitudes to their optimum potential and gives them a professional approach to Tuscan cuisine. The courses foresee culinary sessions at professional level for different food areas. Emphasis is put not only on the preparation of a wide variety of versatile dishes, but also on the study and use of essential extras such as wine, spices and olive oil. The cooking sessions are the perfect combination for the Food Styling and Food Photography, some sessions will be combined to offer the utmost of this experience.
Highlights of the Program:
• Italian Culinary classes with professional Chefs
• Lecture/workshop on Digital Food Photography (includes PhotoSafari in Siena and Florence)
• All Italian language levels available.
• A fascinating program of educational and sightseeing visits to places of interest such as a vineyard, wine cellar, local food market are included in the course, as is the participation in a social activity program
• Available One to One Photo Critique & Tips, Private Digital Photography Tutoring and Portfolio Build and Review. (Additional fees apply).
With Social and Extracurricular Activities USD $2,040
Without Social and Extracurricular Activities USD $1,637
– Daily lunch
Accommodation ranges from 150 Euros per week (homestay with daily breakfast) to 750 Euros per week Hotel without meals.
To book your course please RSVP here or email: email@example.com